Updated: Oct 25, 2022
These protein bars are excellent to eat as a snack before or after your workout, or throughout the day. It has a good source of healthy fats, carbohydrates, and protein. They are not dry and are very soft!
1 cup peanut butter (you may need to add up to ½ cup more depending on the consistency) - you can also use other types of nut butter.
¼ cup maple syrup
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 scoops vanilla protein powder (I used the vanilla mutant iso-surge)
2 cups rolled oats
3 tbsp chia seed
3 tbsp flax seed
½ tsp cinnamon
Additional ingredients (you can use anything from chocolate chips, pumpkin seeds, crushed nuts, hemp hearts etc)
1. Add peanut butter, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla to a large bowl to melt.
To melt, I placed the bowl on top of a small pot with steaming hot water, or you can melt in the microwave
2. Add in all other ingredients and mix. If the mixture is too dry, melt more peanut butter and mix in. The consistency should be like cookie dough but not sticky.
3. Fold in the additional ingredients.
4. Line an 8x8 or 9x9 pan with parchment paper or grease.
5. Press the mixture evenly into the pan and refrigerate for at least an hour. The mix should hold well together when in the pan.
You can store at room temperature for a week. I usually just keep mine in the fridge.
You can freeze them for up to 3 months.
For easy storage you can wrap them individually before freezing.
Serving (1 of 12 bars)
Calories: 255 kcal